In order to be able to resume this form later, please enter your email and choose a password.
The Invest in Your Success (IYS) program creates incentivized ways for students to take ownership of their academic experience at The University of Michigan-Flint (UM-Flint). The overarching goal of the program is to graduate students. The main component of the program is the pairing of the students with UM-Flint faculty or staff members who serves as their IYS Mentor.
Specific objectives are:
· Ease the transition and challenges faced by first-year students, both academically and personally
· Support second-year and upper-class students as they progress through their academic careers
· Improve and develop the study skills required for college level academic success
· Create avenues for students to access the resources campus has to offer and generate additional resources based on demonstrated student needs and trends
· Assist students in building relationships with peers, staff, and faculty who serve in mentoring roles
· Provide a personal support system through which students can work through challenges and celebrate successes
· Encourage students to become involved in Student Involvement and Leadership
· Develop individual student goals and provide one-on-one support to insure they are progressing toward their goals
· Provide a limited number of book scholarships to students who demonstrate a financial need.
Need assistance with this form?